A CAD Technician for our Commercial Sales Division will be responsible for creation of shop drawings for new construction and renovation projects.
- Create and revise shop production drawings using computer assisted design/drafting equipment and software
- Creates and modifies layouts and details from contract documents and specifications
- Other design and drafting support as needed
- Reviews engineering drawings/documents and makes revisions accordingly.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Associate’s degree or completion of a technical trade school in CAD, drafting or related field
- Must have a background in architectural engineering or construction management
- Strong working knowledge of Auto CAD software, Adobe Acrobat, and Microsoft Word/Excel.
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to assume numerous responsibilities
- Experience in commercial applications of fenestration products preferred but not required
- Strong math skills
- Excellent communication skills including interpersonal, listening, oral & written
- Knowledge of standard drafting practices and procedures
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and efficiently schedule/manage time
Lockheed offers a competitive salary for experienced drafters, along with a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, 401K/profit sharing plan, company paid life and disability insurance, paid time off and holidays.